Stacking the Pads

Just the tip of the goalie news iceberg

07 June 2006

Scratch that

HV71 has signed a goalie to replace Liv. Though I'm not all that convinced he's much of a replacement. Scott Langkow, who played a few games in the NHL but mostly plied his trade in the IHL and AHL, has been in Finland since the 2002-2003 season. The most recent statistics I can find on him are from his 2003-2004 season with Ässät Pori, where he had a 13-19-10 record with a 2.98 GAA. My grasp of Finnish is even more non-existant than my grasp of Swedish (at least Swedish is somewhat similar to German, which I used to speak quite well), so my forray to his current team's website (Lukko Rauma) revealed absolutely nothing in terms of information about Mr. Langkow. Strangely, I didn't even see his name on the roster. Perhaps they've updated their site since 31. May, when the trade took place. But something tells me I'm missing something.

Maybe he woke up in the past two seasons and kicked it into high gear. Maybe HV has a hot young prospect ready to wow us all, and Langkow will play second fiddle. All I can do is put my patient hat on and wait and see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home