Stacking the Pads

Just the tip of the goalie news iceberg

07 June 2006

A word about Roloson

If you read the first post in this blog, you know that I have no love for “Roli”. I can concede that he is a good goaltender, and in the playoffs he’s been a great goaltender. I find his delay of game tactics and whining quite off-putting, however, which is why he’s one of my favorite goalies to bitch about. (Him and Marrrrrrrrrrrrr-ttttyyyyyy… heh heh heh). However, I am not one to be happy about another’s misfortune and I am truly sorry for him having to miss the rest of the series. I’ll admit, when he was crouched on the ice I thought he was dramatizing just a bit, since that’s what we’re accustomed to seeing. I was stunned when they lead him off the ice, and even more shocked to hear (read, technically) MacTavish’s glum words “Our goalie’s not good. He won’t be back in the series”. Ouch. There is a silver lining to this cloud, for me at least. Ty Conklin or Jussi Markkanen could step up and really bring it when it counts, you never know. And wouldn’t that be fun to see! Maybe Markkanen will take after Kiprusoff and jump in and steal the show. Not likely, given his regular season performance, but this is the playoffs, and all bets are off. All bets, that is, except for the one I have with a co-worker. (I’ve got Edmonton, in case anyone was curious. My co-worker has been dancing a gig of glee, counting his money ahead of time in anticipation of a sweep. I don’t think it’ll be quite that easy for the ‘Canes.)

1 Comments:

  • At 9:57 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I think Edmonton has enough veteran leadership to right their ship and win game two. I'm not guaranteeing nothing, but I think its possible.

    D-Man

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home